Thrace Plastics Group is a Greek multinational Group, which produces and distributes polypropylene and polyethylene products. The Group has production facilities in 6 countries and distribution and trade companies in 5 countries. The Group operates a distribution network which extends to more than 80 countries.
Thrace Nonwovens & Geosynthetics (Thrace NG), member of Thrace Group, is seeking to fill the position of Safety Engineer. The position is based in Xanthi.
- Controls and maintains a safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Establishes health, safety & environmental culture in the sites.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements internal and external HSE audits.
- Develops and controls HSE documentation according to ISO 14001, ISO 45001.
- Monitors and updates policies such as risk assessments, methods, guidelines, and procedures within the HSE area.
- Monitors compliance to national legislation and international standards & regulations.
- Conducts accident and incident investigation & ensures the implementation of an effective event management.
- Monitors and analyzes HSE KPIs (Incident’s indicator, non – conformities indicator, implementation of HSE inspection programs, findings of Government Bodies audits etc).
- Ensures the development and the implementation of HSE training programs (Induction training, MEDEVAC, forklift handling etc.)
- Develops and implements HSE projects.
- Assumes Duties of Safety Engineer according to the national legislation
- A University degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Chemical Engineering.
- Registered in Technical Chamber of Greece.
- 2-5years of relevant experience as a Safety Engineer on sites or similar fields.
- Familiar with HSE Greek legislation and management systems ISO 14001, ISO 45001.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively at all levels.
- Excellent communication, cooperation, and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, focused on results.
The company offers:
- Competitive salary
- Private healthcare insurance
- Excellent working conditions
- Opportunities for training and development in a dynamically changing environment.
Applicants are kindly asked to send their CV by e-mail at [email protected], code PRD045.